“Schneider does a remarkable job of conveying the euphoric sense of possibility that transformed so many people in the square, as well as the frustrations”—Nick Pinto, Al Jazeera America
“I consider this book one of the lasting benefits of Occupy”—David Swanson, WarIsACrime.org
“[A] fast-moving cinematic chronicle”—Jonah Raskin, Occupy.com
“Part history, part on-the-scene reporting, and part hope for a better future, the work is valuable and delightfully controversial.”—John Scott G, Publishers Newswire
Get a Discount
Between now and the end of October, thanks to a special arrangement with The Nation, the folks at University of California Press are offering a 30% discount on Thank You, Anarchy if you order directly from their website using the discount code 14W3726.
You can also find it at all sorts of fine retailers—ask for it at your local bookstore. If not now, when?
Attend an Event
The interest in Thank You, Anarchy and God in Proof have spawned an improvised book tour:
- 10/8, New York, NY: KGB Bar
- 10/9, Hempstead, NY: Lecture on proofs at Hofstra University
- 10/24, Brooklyn, NY: An Evening of Song and Abstraction at the Oratory Church of St. Boniface
- 10/26, New London, CT: Monte Cristo Bookshop
- 10/30, Brooklyn, NY: “Was Jesus a Zealot?” at St. Joseph’s College
- 11/1, Philadelphia, PA: Wooden Shoe Books
- 11/3, Brooklyn, NY: BookCourt
- 11/8, Providence, RI: Beckett Lecture of the Brown-RISD Catholic Community
- 11/18, Cambridge, MA: Celebrating On Anarchism with Noam Chomsky and the Boston Review
- 11/23, Baltimore, MD: Panel at the American Academy of Religion
- 11/26, Baltimore, MD: Red Emma’s Bookstore
- 2/22, San Francisco, CA: The Green Arcade
- 2/24, Corvallis, OR: Oregon State University
- 2/26-3/1, Seattle, WA: Association of Writers and Writing Programs conference
- 3/9, Washington, DC: Center for Inquiry lecture
More are in the works. If you’d like to try to bring me to your hometown, please don’t hesitate to let me know how I can help.
I hope to see you somewhere along the line!