Want to help bring democracy to the internet? On the heels of the successful platform co-op conference in Toronto, I’m now working with a mighty team of collaborators to organize November’s conference in New York, The People’s Disruption. It’s all about connecting the resources of the present with ambitious visions of a cooperative future online, featuring speakers from #BlackLivesMatter co-founder Alicia Garza to venture capitalist Brad Burnham. I hope you can join us! Space isn’t infinite! Register today (and retweet this).
Communists and Catholics
Over the summer I had the chance to join the MBA program at St. Mary’s University in Canada for a tour of the co-op sector in Emilia-Romagna, Italy. There was plenty to write home about, and I put it together in a dispatch for America magazine, which will appear in the next print issue. Read it and share it online now: “How Communists and Catholics Built a Commonwealth.”
It’s both a report from the field and a reflection on why, as we build a new economy, we should look to our past.
More Where that Came From
- 2017.09.28: Denver, CO – “Startup.Coop: How to Build a Real Sharing Economy through Shared Ownership” and “Demystifying the Hype: Understanding Blockchains and Cryptocurrencies with an Expert Panel,” Denver Startup Week
- 2017.10.4-6: Alexandria, VA – Keynote and other talks at the Co-op Impact Conference
- 2017.11.07: New York, NY – Lecture on Catholic cooperative economics at St. John’s University
- 2018.03.07: Cambridge, MA – TBA at Harvard Law School
- 2018.03.08: South Hadley, MA – TBA at Mount Holyoke College
- 2018.03.10: East Lansing, MI – TBA at MSU Student Housing Cooperative
Thank you for reading, thank you for what you do.