Up and coming:
- 2017.04.06: Santa Barbara, CA – UCSB Community Matters lecture
- 2017.04.13: Denver, CO – “Social Worship,” 7 p.m., 315 Claver Hall, Regis University
- 2017.06.09: Padua, Italy – “An Internet of Ownership” at Pathways to a Cooperative Market Economy
In the past I’ve spoken at Alma College, the American Academy of Religion, Aquinas College, Archdiocese of Melbourne, Association of Writers and Writing Programs, Belmont University, Boston College, the Brooklyn Book Festival, Brown University, Civic Hall 1|2, Chautauqua Institution, Columbia Law School, Columbia University, CommonBound, Cornell College, Creighton University, Drew University, Fordham University, Funders’ Committee for Civic Participation, Harvard Divinity School 1|2, Haverford College, HHHI HComp, International Summit of Cooperatives, Luce Foundation, Hofstra University, La Salle University, Left Forum, Maryhouse Catholic Worker, Massachusetts Institute of Technology 1|2, Museum of the City of New York, The New School, New York University, Newspeak House (London), Oregon State University, OuiShareFest, Regis High School, Rubin Museum of Art, Rutgers University Newark, Singularity University, St. Joseph’s College, St. Thomas University, TEDxCU, UNESCO, University of California San Diego, University of Colorado Boulder, University of Southern California, University of Wisconsin-Madison, the Whitney Museum, World Fellowship Center, Yale University, and elsewhere.
I speak on such topics as, but not limited to:
- Economic democracy and the online economy
- Social movement-centered storytelling
- Cooperative economics in Catholic tradition
- The origins and significance of Occupy Wall Street
- The search for proofs about God, past and present
- Uses of religious studies in public life and non-academic employment
- Intersections of writing, technology, and contemplation
If you have any interest in discussing a speaking engagement, please contact me.